Holiday Club in Northstowe
Our holiday club in Northstowe is based at Pathfinder CofE Primary School. We take children at our holiday club from Longstanton, Willingham, Swavesey, Cottenham, Bar hill, Oakington and all surrounding areas. We primarily operate out of the wraparound care room, hall and main playground.
We will be open during all school holidays and some INSET days also.
The cost of a holiday club session is currently £31 and children can be dropped off anytime after 8am and collected before 6pm.
What will your child get up to?
We aim to provide an engaging and enjoyable environment for children to spend time in.
Children will be able to play freely all day if they wish with the vast amount of resources available. They will also have the choice to join in with any of the scheduled activities for the day. You can find out what these activities are by taking a look at our programme which is released a few weeks before each holiday on our Facebook page.
Some of the resources available may include:
- Climbing frame
- Den building mats
- go karts
- keyboard & other musical instruments
- arts and crafts
- board games
- construction toys
- reading/quiet corner
Children will be given the opportunity to join in with playing Mariokart or Just Dance on the Wii too. All children are given the same amount of time to play these games and will have the opportunity to do so in the morning and afternoon.
A typical holiday club day
8am – 9am – Arrival | free play
9am – 10am – Free play | snack time (Children will all sit down together and listen to the activities on offer that day as well as discuss other relevant topics such as facilities, weather, washing hands, new children etc)
10am – 11am – Free play | Wii time
11am – 12pm – Free play/First activity e.g. Slime
12pm – 1pm – Lunch | free play once finished
1pm – 2pm – Second activity e.g. Bouncy castle
2pm -3pm – Free play | Wii time
3pm – 4pm – Snack time | Third activity e.g. Biscuit decorating
4pm – 6pm – Free play | Hometime | Games e.g. Dodgeball
- It is worth noting that despite our best efforts to ensure that activities, timings and all aspects of the day are followed we may occasionally adapt and change the schedule due to unforeseen cirucumstances e.g. weather
What children should bring with them
- Snacks for the morning and afternoon.
- Water bottle.
- Spare t-shirt
- Pair of trainers are best as they are safer for children to have when participating in certain activities.
- Coat, hat and gloves for holiday clubs operating at: October half-term, Christmas holidays and February half-term.
- Full spare change of clothes if you don’t mind your children participating in water activities during May half-term and the Summer holidays.
- You can also find what else we offer at https://northstowechildcare.co.uk/